WAW'S 2011 Gala Event
Eleanor Smeal &
| Keynote Speaker:
Thursday, October 20th, 2011
Bridgewaters, Fulton Ferry, NYC
6:30 - 10:30 pm
- Silent Auction
- Traditional Afghan Rabab Music: Kevin Qais Essar
- Performance by Brooklyn Qawwali Party whose music is a unique and joyous blend of jazz and Qawwali (Sufi devotional) music.
Directions to venue here.
Enter through private entrance at corner of Beekman and Front Streets.
Dress: Ethnic/Festive/Dressy Casual (Come as you feel most comfortable!)
Support our Gala!
- Dorothy Abbott, Media Activist
- Dr. Kaveh Alizadeh, President, Long Island Plastic Surgery Group
- Rina Amiri, Senior Advisor to the Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan, U.S. Department of State
- Dr. Valerie Begley, Human and child rights activist
- Olivia Cousins, Associate Professor, Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Karen Davidson, Graphic Designer
- Eve Ensler, Playwright: "The Vagina Monologues"
- Marianne Gimon d'Ansembourg, Independent Consultant in Gender and International Development
- Vivian Gornick, Critic, Memoirist, Feminist.
- Catherine Gund, Filmmaker and Producer
- Jeb Gutelius, Co-Executive Director, Calling All Crows
- Dr. Tahera Homayun, Gynecologist and President, Organization for the Advancement of Afghan Women (OAAW)
- Alice Hunsberger, Foundation and Government Relations, Asia Society
- Lonnie Isabel, Associate Professor, CUNY Graduate School of Journalism
- Daisy Khan & Imam Faisal, Community Organizers
- Fereshta Kazemi, Actor-MBA
- Arline Lederman, UN Representative and VP, Solar Cookers International
- Carly Rose Lipkowitz, Account Planner, Google Inc.
- Toni Maloney, CEO and Co-founder, Business Council for Peace (BPeace)
- Homaira Mamoor, Board Member, Domestic Harmony Foundation, Former WAW Board Member
- Ann Nasary, Entrepreneur, Humanitarian
- Homira Nassery, WAW Advisory Committee member
- Kimberly Otis, Senior Advisor, Center for Partnership Studies
- Don Perrault, Photographer and Engineer
- Chandana Rao, President, Spark Counsulting Group
- Trent Reedy, Author: "Words in the Dust"
- Catherine Lieber Shimony, Founder and Director, Global Goods Partners
- Suzanne Strickland, Assistant Professor, Queens College